another seminarian shares about his favorite priest...

MONSI

Last June 29, I paid my last respect to the remains of my beloved parish priest, Monsignor Orlando Panlican. He is truly a model of faith and I am one of those witnesses that can prove that quality. For the last two years of his earthly life since his body started to get weak because of complications due to diabetes, I observed from him the endurance to face this great challenge of sickness with positive outlook. His illness never hinders him to celebrate the Eucharist and be with his parishioners in most of their activities.

As I was informed in the dawn of June 22 about his death, the only thing that I did after I prayed for his soul, was to recall those moments that inspire me to persevere with my vocation to the priesthood, which also drew courage in me to keep my Catholic faith alive.

Monsi, as what I usually call him, is indeed an inspiration to me. Recently, whenever I assist him in the celebration of the Eucharist, I observed that willingness to continue, even he was in pain. He never shows in us that he is weak, that he cannot make it, rather, he always think of the parishioners who wait for him during Sunday celebration. He is very open to talk about his sickness even to share it in his homily. And because of this, most of the time, it inspires us, his parishioners, to go to Church regularly. It is because there is no more valid reason to be considered as Monsi can still preside over the celebration even he is sick. His wisdom remains so powerful that even the young were attracted to listen to him.

It is true that Monsi is one of those effective instruments of God who touched my life, to keep my faith strong and be witness for others to do likewise. (Raymund V. Acuña, San Carlos Seminary)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOLY MASS IN FILIPINO (TAGALOG)

GOMBURZA: BAKIT MAHALAGA?

ANG 12 BUNGA (MGA BUNGA) NG ESPIRITU SANTO