JUST A SHORT SPEECH AT THE BOOK LAUNCHING

Magandang hapon po sa inyong lahat! I am very grateful to StPauls for publishing my third book of gospel reflections and for including it in today’s launching. Everybody thought that I rented this entire convention center for my book launching. Little do they know that I am just a minuscule part of this event. Nevertheless, in my heart and in the collective spirit of my family, parishioners and friends, this event is one of the greatest in 2009.

You all know that I started writing for purely pastoral reasons. It was the desire to give my parishioners some formation in their Catholic faith and some literature to accompany their search for God, that prompted me to publish, with much trembling, my first book. And now, I’m on my third one: Praise to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit!

Some people say they are helped by what they read from my works. In that case, that’s where the Holy Spirit takes over from an imperfect instrument and transforms his work into something that is aligned with His designs.

I thank you all for being here and for showing your support to your former parish priest. It’s still you in my mind when I finished writing the materials in this latest book.

Now that I am no longer in parish ministry, you will notice that I humbly acknowledged in this book, the partnership I had with the simple, silent, small people who made my parish work light and great – my staff, from the first parish, St. Joseph’s to the second, St. Ignatius’ and to the last, Holy Family’s. As I ended the first phase of parish ministry, I cannot help but thank you for cooking for me, driving for me, washing my laundry, doing office work and running errands for me. Salamat sa lahat ng naging staff ko sa parokya!

In a special way, this book is dedicated to the memory of one person who can summarize for me the joy of being a priest and a parish priest, at that. I enjoyed his friendship and trust. Though we are chronologially years apart, he became for me, not only a parishioner, but a great, great friend. I am glad I knew him and became part of his life, if only for a brief moment here on earth. He is now in heaven with the Lord Jesus and I’m sure, there he continues to pray for all his loved ones, his friends and co-parishioners at Holy Family’s, Pasig. Christian, this book is to remember you and your great love for your family and friends; to remember your zest for life and love; to remember that you are an immense gift of God to the world.

To the family of Chris, this book is also for you – to let you know that you are loved and that you journey through life, not alone, but together with all of us from Holy Family Parish. Thank you for continuing to walk with me and the parish just as you did before Chris reported back to the Heavenly Father. Your presence, courage and generosity inspire us and give us hope.

Thank you, Jesus, for all your gifts, and especially for the gift of being able to share my life with others as your servant, as your priest. Salamat po sa inyong lahat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOLY MASS IN FILIPINO (TAGALOG)

GOMBURZA: BAKIT MAHALAGA?

SIMBANG GABI DAY 1: READINGS AND REFLECTIONS