BRO. MARCEL VAN: JOY 2





 
The ideas presented here come from the dialogues Bro Marcel Van had with the Lord Jesus, with the Blessed Mother, and with St Therese of the Child Jesus (it is indicated who is speaking or sending the message) with whom he enjoyed spiritual conversations. Brother Marcel’s holy life did not rest on these conversations but rather on his deep love for God, his obedience to his will, and his commitment and service to others. He died as a “confessor of the faith” – one who lived his faith heroically in the midst of trials – in a North Vietnamese Communist prison where he strived to bring joy and faith to his companions, Catholic or not.

-->

4.2 Every moment is conducive to joy







Marcel: The other day my sister Thérèse gave me a crazy desire to laugh; but I already told Mother Mary this.





Jesus: Little brother, who ordered you to cry over my crucifixion? It's still interfering with my business. Your role is not to have pity on me, but only to love me. As for pity, it's up to me to exercise it towards you. When speaking to me, you can never use the word "pity", but exclusively the word "Love."





Thérèse: "My dear little brother, in these days when the Holy Church recalls all the sufferings endured by Jesus in the past, strive to console yourself in comforting the heart of little Jesus by hiding your own sadness and avoiding reminding him of those painful days.





4.3 remain joyful in suffering



Therese: Little Jesus loves you very much. He never wants to see you sad, and if you're sad, he does not know who to laugh with anymore. You are like me the toy of little Jesus: you must be joyous, without ever showing sadness. If he sees you sad, he is very troubled, afraid of having pained you in something, and of being himself the cause of your sadness





Therese: Be happy, little brother, never give in to sadness. Even if you feel a little sad, do not let it be seen externally, because by imposing this sacrifice, you will give me great pleasure ...





Marcel: What happiness! And what a sweetness! At that moment, why were all my sufferings so beautiful? Impossible to say, impossible to describe this beauty by comparing it with some earthly beauty. All I can say is that God has given me a treasure, the most precious gift of Love.

In an instant, my soul has been completely transformed. I was no longer afraid of suffering; on the contrary, I rejoiced and took pleasure in finding opportunities to suffer. My conquering flag will now float on the Hill of Love. God gave me a mission: to change suffering into happiness. I do not suppress suffering, but I change it into happiness. Drawing strength from Love, my life will be no more than a source of happiness.




-->

Popular posts from this blog

HOLY MASS IN FILIPINO (TAGALOG)

GOMBURZA: BAKIT MAHALAGA?

ANG 12 BUNGA (MGA BUNGA) NG ESPIRITU SANTO