SOLEMNITY OF CHRIST, THE KING OF THE UNIVERSE B

 


JESUS INTERROGATES PILATE IN THE AFTER-LIFE

JN 18: 33B-37

 



 

 

After Pilate died, his soul appeared before the throne of God. Imagine his surprise when he sees Jesus seated on the throne. A few years before, it was he who sat on a throne and Jesus was brought to him for judgment. He presided at the trial and condemned the Lord to die on the cross.

 

Jesus stands to meet his former judge: “Ah, Pontius Pilate, we meet again at last. This is only our second meeting and yet you must know that I knew you since you were in the womb of your mother. I knew your talents and strengths, and the achievements that led the emperor Tiberius to name you governor of my land, Judea.”

 

 “You wanted to know if I was a king. Now, you see me in glory. You witness now what you did not see on earth – Not only am I ‘King of the Jews,’ as you heard others say. See then, that I am ‘the King of the Universe’ for I have conquered sin and death!”

 

 “You asked me what I have done to deserve the condemnation of my enemies. You must have heard the things I did on earth. I spoke blessings, cured the sick, raised up the dead, consoled the sorrowing, preached love and forgiveness, and brought people closer to my Father and his Kingdom.”

 

 “Oh, yes, I did speak to you about this Kingdom. Haven’t I told you it did not belong to the world? For my Kingdom is about righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. While people preferred to eat and drink, to indulge their selfishness and vanity, I preached eternal life and the way to attain it by taking the narrow road that leads to salvation. Those who choose this road will live with me forever. This road is open to all, although only a few, the simple and the poor, truly find it.”

 

 “So am I truly king? I am the King of the truth which I proclaimed from the Father. I am the King of the love I showed people how to live. I am the King on the Cross where I poured out my blood for your sins and the sins of the world.”

 

 “Doubt no more… Question no more… Do you believe in me now? You judged me before, and now I will judge you. But do not be afraid, I am a loving and merciful God.”

 

Pilate stood there in silence, weeping. If only he knew all these things before. If only he cared to know the truth about Jesus and accepted it.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOLY MASS IN FILIPINO (TAGALOG)

GOMBURZA: BAKIT MAHALAGA?

ANG 12 BUNGA (MGA BUNGA) NG ESPIRITU SANTO